Thursday, November 11, 2010

My first Boston Trip

Nov 11, 2010
All set for Boston Trip. Have bus at 9 in the evening.

Nov 12, 2010
Reached Boston at 1PM. Person with whom I had to stay called me up and said he has an emergency so better find something to do :) He was a friend of friend of friend :) So could't say much.

Went straight to Microsoft campus and sat for technical session on Mobile apps. No prior exp of Mobile apps everything went Overhead^Overhead. There was a guy sittin next to me his name was Glen.

6PM started the pitch session. I also pitched just because I had to :) N then teams were formed. I attached myself to the #thehitchery team, because I had never thought that one day I would be working on an idea for Mobile Apps that has something to do with gaming :) an online-offline game. N Iw anted to work with Glen. Team size was 11, one of the largest teams. Had discussion till 11 n then went to this friend of friend's place. Got a maggi n sofa for dozzin off :)

Nov 13, 2010
Got up at 8 n reached venue at 9:30 types. Started working on idea. Everyone was told of his/her responsibility. I was part of BD team. In the noon mentors came n rapped the BD team on the engagement model of Hitchery. I was asked by Glen the idea innovator to think on the answer. I started searching competitor application for an answer. N went back home pondering at 11 in night.

Nov 14, 2010
In the morning discussion was going on, when the theme really clicked me. I proposed various themes that could be added to #thehitchery like having mazes, game promotion by Business's, celebrity hitchery's and hitchery's for social cause.

N then I saw that Glen had got the answer that our idea can be successful. Met few other ppl n discussed their ideas.

Nov 15, 2010
The D day, got the idea goin, got the ppt n finally we presented. It rocked, everyone was excited abt the idea. We knew before hand we had won. We Won!!!

Had networking session n met another guy who wanted me to meet him next day for iphone application.

Nov 16, 2010
I get started at 9 in the morning. Went straight to Harvard. Liked it. Felt the rivalry between Harvard-Yale because of the due Football match that night. Got T-Shirt for Smur n me.

Left for South Station to meet this guy. He comes out to be one of the selected Mass Challenge teams n he starts tellin him his experienc n abt his office which is on 14th floor full of Mass Challenge teams. I am excited to go to his buidling so decide to skip the 2 O Clock bus.

I go to his office n I see 4 ppl out of my team working on the animation in his office. That was such a coincidence that all of us are amazed.

I leave the place n move to Station. Take 4 O Clock bus finally :) Reach New York at 8 PM n meet my cousin there.

Have a party with him for an hour n now heading to Toronto.

Overall Boston Trip was awesome. The best experience of trip. Kudos to my bro who asked me to go n Sabby who managed the trip. This fucker booked all the tickets on his account. U don't have those friends in todays world.

No comments: